Tuladhara Yoga Teacher Training200-Hour Yoga Alliance Certified
Tuladhara YTT is March 22 – july 1, 2018
This life-changing experience encompasses 8 weekends over 3 -1/2 months. No experience or knowledge prerequisites are required for this yoga teacher training — only a deep commitment to YOU. Students of all levels are encouraged to use this yoga teacher training to continue a journey of personal exploration and acceptance, and to develop or enhance a current yoga practice and/or teaching.
Whether you want to deepen your practice, or become a teacher, Tuladhara’s Yoga Teacher training will be an incredible experience that will be fun, challenging, and transformative!
Spring 2018 Teacher Training
TRAINING THAT IS DESIGNED TO FIT YOUR BUSY SCHEDULE
Our part-time 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Program is the best choice if you have commitments to work, family, and other activities during your course of study. Our curriculum offers structure for an ideal learning environment, but also flexibility to meet your busy scheduling needs.
There are a lot of programs out there, why choose us? First, we have years of experience in learning and teaching, making our teachers some of the most dynamic knowledgeable teachers in the area.
Our teaching staff is diverse with knowledge stemming from many different lineages of Yoga and your training will reflect that diversity. We believe in the power of this process and invest fully in its integrity. It is not just our goal to train you to “teach” a class, but to help you understand the depth of the practice and to be able to tailor it to your future students if that is the path you decide to take.
Continue reading below to learn more about the curriculum and various aspects of our program:
- Postures (Asana)
- Meditation and Breath Practices (Dhyana and Pranayama)
- Anatomy (Physical and Energetic)
- Yogic History and Philosophy
- Physical Practice
- Learn to teach safely, effectively and with confidence. The asana portion of our 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training program includes:
- Detailed study of key yoga postures including modifications of poses and appropriate use of props
- Correct physical alignment
- Physical and energetic benefits of postures
- Techniques for hands on assists and enhancements
- Learning to see and understand bodies in terms of proper alignment
- Creating a class: learn the principles of sequencing and how to create a theme for your class
- Verbalizing an asana: learn to give clear, simple instructions through choice of appropriate verbal cues and body language
- Demonstrating asana
- Key points for teaching beginners
- Student teacher relationship
- Ethics of a yoga teacher
- Use of props and other modifications to support the postures
- Multiple opportunities to practice teach will be given. At Tuladhara we create a supportive, nurturing community of teachers to help you apply what you have learned right away.
MEDITATION and Breath Practices (dyana and pranayama)
- Learn a variety of meditation techniques to focus and quiet the mind.
- Daily meditation and journaling is a requirement of this 200 hour yoga course.
- Learn to teach powerful breath (pranayama) techniques
ANATOMY (Physical and energetic)
- Anatomy and physiology will be studied.
- Understand the physical effects of yoga on the body
- Learn how to avoid injury in key areas, and how to work with basic injuries
- Learn the energetic effects of yoga on the body
- The Chakra system
YOGIC HISTORY AND PHILOSOPHY
- Study Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras and how these teachings provide a very real model that can be applied to daily life
- Yoga’s origins and journey to the West and the most influential yogis of our time
- Introduction to mantras and mythology
- Yoga is an experiential practice; throughout training, you will be guided through classes with faculty, as well as attend public yoga classes each week to gain insight into classroom management techniques, interaction with students, sequencing, and refining your own physical practice.
We meet an average of 2 Weekends Per Month for 8 Sessions. One Weekend is a Thurs-Sun and one weekend is Friday-Sunday.
- March: 3/22-3/25
- April: 4/6- 4/8 & 4/19-4/22
- May: 5/4 – 5/6 & 5/17-5/20
- June: 6/1-6/3 & 6/14-6/17 & 6/29-7/1
- Graduation is 7/1
- Thursdays: One per month 7:15-10pm
- Fridays: 5:45-10pm
- Saturdays: 10:30-7:30pm
- Sundays: 10:30-6:30pm
- Tuition: $2,900
- Early payment Discount: $250
- Pay in Full by January 15th and Tuition is $2,650
- $500 Non-refundable deposit
- Payment Plans Available
- Additional reading list will cost about $70
- We are an approved MyCAA program.
Tuition fees include unlimited classes at Tuladhara Yoga for the duration of your course, a interactive manual and anatomy text book. Some additional reading will be required. Course fees must be paid in full by the commencement date of the program.
PAYMENT PLAN OPTIONS
Our intention is to find a plan that works for everyone. Please contact us directly at email@example.com to discuss how to best set up your individual payment plan option.
Complete the application and once accepted, you will be asked to pay in full or provide a non refundable deposit. You may submit your deposit by check, cash, or credit card. Deposits are processed upon acceptance into the training and are non refundable once accepted.
Acceptance Notification: Applicants accepted will be notified via e-mail. All accepted applicants must confirm their registration via e-mail. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can make your payment in person to the studio. Payment plans will be accepted with a card on file.